“Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person where an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as name, an identification number, location data, an on line identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person.
Numeric will only use your information in the way we have described in this policy. When using your information we aim to be fair and transparent, and to follow our obligations under UK data protection laws.
Numeric is both a data controller and processor for the purposes of GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018. We collect, manage, process, store and share personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information. We implement appropriate physical, administrative and technical and organisational security measures in order to protect your information.
Use of Personal Information
When we receive personal information, we will use it in the ways for which you’ve given us permission, or ways in which our clients who provided us the personal information instruct.
In general terms, we may collect information about you to:
- Administer our relationship with you, provide services and respond to enquiries.
- The normal operation of our call management functionality, supported by an Agreement;
- Ensure the billing of any services and obtain payment.
- Deliver requested information to you about our services and our third party suppliers.
- Process and respond to any complaints, or to solve problems associated with services.
- Process applications for employment.
- Discuss a new service opportunity or discuss an existing service
- Registering (via a consent form) for more information, having made initial contact at a conference / seminar or exhibition.
We use the information we collect from all our services to provide, support, maintain, protect and improve service delivery to new and potential clients, for the purposes of accurate invoicing, for the investigation of disputes and to expand the Numeric client base through securing new contracts. Numeric does not sell personal information to any individual or organisation.
Information that we collect
We will ask for the minimum information that enables us to provide a service or service information. We ensure that we have a legal basis for collecting any information, this is usually to meet the requirements of a contract.
The personal information we collect about you depends on the product or service you use and may include:-
- name, business address, home address, contact telephone numbers and email address,
- Call Detail Record’s – The phone numbers that you call or send messages to (and/or the phone numbers that you receive calls and messages from, source and destination numbers, the date, time and length of the calls or messages you send or receive and the approximate location at the time the communications take place.
- Call recordings, IP addresses.
- Account information.
- Bank account details or credit card details to facilitate the payment of invoices and to operate services, including Direct Debit. Information received from any Credit checks.
We obtain personal information in a number of different ways. For example, you may provide this personal information to us directly online or over the telephone, by email, or when corresponding with us by letter or via a third party or customer where we are acting as a data processor. We may receive personal information about you from third parties involved in providing services to you for us, such as companies contracted by/to us to provide services to you, other telecommunications operators, carriers etc.
Once you become a user of Numeric services and in using the service you make or receive a telephone call we will keep a record of that call, including the called number, irrespective of whether the call is successful or fails for any reason. We capture information relating to how long or how frequently you use our services (call durations) and may use this information for invoicing or contracted services.
If you become a user of Numeric services and contract for call recording facilities, we will record the calls you specify and store the associated audio files securely on our operational platforms for the period specified in your service contract and thereafter transport them to the storage destination of your choice, or delete them, as predetermined by you.
If you become a user of Numeric services we may create and store login information for you and your users to access the services for which you have contracted. This information will allow you and your users to access telephony management services and stored management information. All login activity is password protected with access control passed to individual user accounts.
In some cases Numeric will have no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal information it processes and stores for its customers, in this event Numeric will process, store and retain Personal Information as per our agreement with the applicable customer.
We may share your personal information with others:
- When we have asked and received your/our customers permission.
- When we are required to provide it to our customer from whom we received your personal information, or with whom you have a business relationship.
- For processing and providing products and services to you, but only if those entities receiving your personal information are contractually obligated to handle the personal information in ways approved by Numeric.
- When requested by any regulatory government agencies, or related to a lawsuit.
- Third Parties who are necessary to perform the service/contract.
- If we undergo restructuring, are acquired, go bankrupt.
Numeric offer global numbering and telecoms solutions to their customers. As such we may need to transfer your personal information to other companies or service providers in countries outside the EEA (European Economic Area). This may happen if our servers or suppliers and service providers are based outside the EEA, or if you use our services and products in countries outside this area. Where your business purpose requires the transfer of information about you between countries outside the EEA which may not provide the same level of data protection, you consent to your information being transferred to such countries. Personal Information is stored within locations that meet the EU-US Privacy Shield framework adopted by the European Commission.
Retention of personal information
We’ll store your information for as long as we have to by law. If there’s no legal requirement, we’ll only store it for as long as we need it.
We only retain your personal information for the duration necessary to operate the service, invoice for the service, or the service contract period or until receipt of a formal request to destroy any or all information, whichever is the longest. For example Numeric may retain necessary information for a period of six (6) years for billing/contractual purposes.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and when we store and process it.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security and do not take responsibility for any third-party actions when we have endeavoured to follow generally accepted standards. In addition, we do not take responsibility for your or our customers systems, the Internet itself or any third-party networks or services used to transmit personal information which are outside the firewall of the data centres we use to process and store your personal information. If you have any questions about the security of our services, please contact us.
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate technical, physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information we possess. Numeric is not responsible for unauthorised access to such personal information for example by hackers or others that obtain access through illegal measures in the absence of negligence on the part of Numeric .
Our commitment to children’s privacy
If you are under 13, we don’t want your personal information, and you must not provide it to us. If you are a parent and believe your child who is under 13 has provided us with personal information, please contact us to have your child’s information removed.
You have various rights:-
- Right to Access – You are entitled to a copy of the information we hold about you. You may make a Subject Access Request in writing or email to email@example.com for details of the personal information that we hold on you and the purposes for which it is being held. We will send you a copy of the information within 30 days of your request.
- Right to Rectification – If any of the information we hold about is inaccurate you can contact us to rectify this.
- Right to be Forgotten – You may ask us to stop using your information, and to delete it. We may maintain a skeleton set of your information for regulation and legal purposes. If you ask us to do this we may not be able to continue our contract with you. Where it is appropriate that we comply with your request this will be actioned within 30 days.
- Right to Object – you have the right to withdraw your consent.
- Right to Restrict – you have the right to restrict the use of your data.
- Right to Data Portability – In some cases you have the right to move, copy, or transfer the Personal Information that we hold about you to another organisation.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
In order to keep your personal information secure we have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will report any unlawful data breach of Numeric or any of our third-party data processors within 24 hours of notice of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
Numeric can act as a processor/instruction taker which accesses and processes Personal Information on behalf of its customers, which are the controller/owner of such data. Therefore, if you are an employee/contractor/applicant of one of our customers, and would no longer like to be involved with one of our customers that use our solutions or otherwise have issues related to your personal information (such as to correct, amend, or delete such data), then please contact the customer that you interact with directly. If the response from contacting the customer directly is unreasonable, please contact Numeric and we will try to assist.
How to Contact Us
Please see our contact details below for any questions, comments or requests:-
Telephone – 0344 472 0777
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Address – 168 Holliday Street, Birmingham, B1 1TJ, England.
You can also contact us if you have any concerns or complaints about the ways in which your personal information has been handled.
Alternatively, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office whose website is https://ico.org.uk.